Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Heinous vs honorable

Actually, I wanted to do this post on inductive vs deductive, as in reasoning and science.
However, the dictionary definitions were so obstruce, I need to do a web surf.

Instead, for whatever reason, I chose heinous vs honorable, with politics in mind.


Heinous
adj.

utterly reprehensible or evil.

used in a sentence:

The heinous administration insists that its actions are admirable.
ha, they ain't admirable. they're heinous.

honorable (British spelling -honourable -I prefer it)
adj.
we need the noun to do the definition

honour (honor)
n
honesty or integrity in one's beliefs and actions
a source of credit or distinction
high respect, a token of respect as in a place of honor at the table

the dictionary I'm using is the handy Pocket Random House Webster's Dictionary.
I'm checking with the unabridged, which is waaaay to large to bring over to the puter, and using the Roget's International Thesaurus. Just wanted to state that I'm not making up these definitions, because I find them quite interesting. The definitions don't really tell you what the word means. hummm.


Using heinous and honorable in a sentence is awkward. Awkward itself is an awkward word.
very awkward. awk ward sounds like the sound an extinct flying dinosaur would make. Oy. I'm too strange. awk awk awk :D


Motives, seemingly honorable , yielded heinous results, thence honour no more.
that's blechy. somebody help me out.
Will has either gone missing, or doesn't read my blog anymore.


.....

Here is a good H Yiddish ism

Hak mir nit kain tsheink (chinik)
literally, don't bang on my tea kettle.
The english ism is don't hock my chinik.
Would you please just get off my back and stop bothering me. It connotes a nagging bothering . Nagging about the same thing over and over and over is chinik hocking. Lol. :D
I still say don't hock my chinik, but hardly anybody I know now understands what I'm saying.
They just think I'm being weird again.
:D
I'm not weird, Im just smart. Which can be awkward.
ha
.....

.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home